North Myrtle Beach, SC – Planning on buying property in the next couple of months? If that answer is a yes then the next couple of months will be your best opportunity to buy. To view current properties located on the Grand Strand CLICK HERE!
- Lowest Housing Prices in Years! It would be nice to know when we’ve absolutely hit a market bottom but nobody has a crystal ball. We have to look at the facts at hand and make the best decisions for today. We know that pricing is at their lows and indications are pressing for prices to uptick soon. So buying now or in the very near future would be a great move. Foreclosures and Short-sales have created an abundance of buying opportunities for the buyer. Like a list of foreclosed properties in the Myrtle Beach area? CLICK HERE
- Interest Rates At Record Lows! In May 2011, 30 yr fixed rates fell to 4.63%. With fixed rates like these, buyers need to take advantage of this current buyers housing market.
- Interest Rates Expected To Climb. As our economy continues to gain momentum, interest rates will increase, making that mortgage more expensive and possibly pricing you out of some great opportunities. 1/2 % may not seem like a lot but depending on your loan amount, this change in percent can mean a hundred more on that mortgage payment. For more info on mortgage rates visit BankRate.com
- ARMS(adjustable rate mortgages) at Record Lows For those buyers whom are certain they can meet their payment requirements, adjustable rate mortgages may be the best route. There are possible risks associated with ARM’S and you should educate yourself with how these mortgages work. You can do this at the Federal Reserves website HERE
- Low Down Payment Mortgages Available FHA (Federal Housing Administration) Low down payment financing thats insured through FHA loans is yet another inducement for buyers to purchase today. Down payment requirements through this program change daily and may increase when this market heats up. This is a great options for those of you working with less cash.
- Easier to Qualify & Borrow Lending standards have eased recently. Buyers should become pre-approved through their desired lending institution. What this means is that the lender guarantees lending contingent on an appraisal.More good news for the buyer seeking pre-approval is that lenders are willing to let buyers take on more debt than previous formulas would allow. For more information on Cost Effective Mortgages please visit HERE
- Lenders Are Offering No Fee Mortgages Lending institutions and many banks are waiving origination and point fees. This can amount in huge savings on your loan!
- Home Builder Incentives With foreclosures beating down prices of the existing home market, builders are having to step up their efforts to compete. Incentives can include things such as cash for furniture,appliances and closing costs.
Bottom Line – No question the buyers have the upper hand today but that’s today. We don’t know what tomorrow will bring so if your in the market to buy, put your best foot forward now! With the continual growth on the Grand Strand, that affordable coastal lifestyle is only a click away. Visit HERE to view properties all over the Grand Strand Now!
Myrtle Beach,SC – Coastal Carolina’s Center for Tourism expects an increase in occupancy when compared to last year. That increase is expected to be between three and five percent. This numbers might not be astonishing but the Grand Strand has nearly 110,000 rooms to rent meaning thousands of additional visitors. The Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce has taken a few steps to influence these numbers including the tourism tax. It goes to show in this current economy that a little can go a long way.
Are you staying on the Grand Strand this Memorial weekend? If so, here are some events taking place here in the Myrtle Beach area
- Memorial Day Weekend Parade ( Ocean Blvd from 27th ave N to 9th ave N) Parade runs from 10 a.m. to Noon
Can’t make the parade in person? You’re in luck! This year’s parade can be watched online. Catch it HERE!
- 60th annual Sun Fun Festival Kick Off
- American Idol Season 7 runner-up David Archuleta will perform at 8 p.m.
- Plus Military appreciation activities, vendors, displays and much more!
Have you noticed something new here on the Grand Strand since your last visit here? We continue to grow in all areas of our beaches. From Cherry Grove to Georgetown. We’re continuing are building improvements, road infrastructure, attractions, Grand Strand Properties and so much more to improve your Myrtle Beach Vacation!
Want that Coastal Lifestyle? Now is the time! Take advantage of this buyers market. Owning a piece of the Grand Strand has never been so affordable. View Grand Strand Properties HERE and see for yourself!
Celebrating 30 Years!!
One of the greatest events that take place here on the Grand Strand is finally here! Starting Saturday, May 14th thru Sunday the 15th. The Blue Crab Festival is celebrating its 30 years so don’t miss out on this awesome street festival in Little River, South Carolina. What you can expect from this years festival:
- Friday Night Street Party (6 p.m. – 10 p.m.) New for 2011
- Fireworks (9 p.m.)
- Live music provided by Tommy Black Band
- Arts & Crafts
- And Much, Much More!!
General Admission $4.00 (Children under 6 are FREE)
Buy Tickets Online Here
Saturday – 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday – 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For a list of locations offering tickets at a discount, please visit HERE
Living the coastal lifestyle has never been so affordable. This current buyers market is presenting opportunities everywhere on the Grand Strand. If your interested in taking that step to make the beach your home or even a second home, Now is the time! Grand Strand Real Estate at your fingertips are just a click away! Visit us HERE today and start living that Coastal Lifestyle you deserve.
Grand Strands Newest Hotel
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina –
The Grand Strand will have its newest hotel, The Aqua Beach Inn, open to the public Thursday May 12th. This boutique styled hotel is conveniently located across from Pier 14 Fishing Pier, Boardwalk,shopping,dining and one of Myrtle Beach’s new attractions, The SkyWheel. This Grand Strand Properties addition is perfect for those who would like to be right in the middle of it all and be able to walk to almost everything!
The Aqua Beach Inn boasts 60 rooms on its 11 story structure. These rooms are beach contemporary styled rooms offering amazing unobstructed views with balconies. Few of the features are a full-sized kitchen,granite counter-tops,Armstrong cabinets,porcelain tiles and much more. Standard rooms will offer you comfort with its two queen beds and also offer king sized beds as well. Another point to add : The Aqua Beach Inn is a NON-SMOKING Hotel.
- Free Internet
- 24 hour coffee service (My favorite)
- Enclosed Pool, as well as a sundeck and grilling area
- Outdoor Pool and Jacuzzi
- Computer Station in Lobby
Visit The Hotel Here for more info. Aqua Beach Inn is at 1301 Withers Drive, Myrtle Beach.
Ribbon cutting ceremony and opening celebration will commence on Wednesday May 11th from 4:30 to 7:00p.m. Food will be provided and prizes will be given away as well!
Grand Strand Properties continue to grow! Interested in the Grand Strand Area? North Myrtle Beach Real Estate as well as Cherry Grove Real Estate are continuing to make their mark here on the Strand as well. If you’re looking for that investment or second home here at the beach, we can make your dream a reality! Visit Us HERE for more details and start living the Coastal Lifestyle!
As a home owner, maintaining your property in sound condition plays an important role to its value. One of the most important assets to our home is its roof. Here in the Myrtle Beach Real Estate market, think of all the elements a homes roof is exposed to. Here on the Grand Strand we experience a constant wind being close in proximity to that oceanfront we all love. This affects your roofs condition. Hail as well as rain all play a part in affecting the condition and well-being of your home’s roof. An annual checkup is all you need to save yourself from some unforeseen problems.
Start With The Basics
Look for missing shingles, cracked caulking. Check around your chimney for anything unusual damage. Skylights are common-place here at the beach be sure to check them for wear or cracking, caulk them if needed. Check for nails and rust spots on any flashing. These should be replaced right away. Keep those gutters cleaned out. We deal with a lot of Pine straw here in the North Myrtle Beach and surrounding areas so be sure to stay on top of that. These are a few easy precautionary steps you can take to ensure you catch things before they are ever an issue.
Signs Of A Roof Leak
Early signs of trouble can be dark areas on the ceiling, peeling of paint,damp areas around the fireplace and also look for stains on plumbing near the water heater and vents. If you suspect that you may have some problems, some companies give free evaluations so be sure to take advantage of that.
Trim Trees & Branches
Tree trimming can go a long ways when trying to prevent a bunch of leaves or that unwanted moss from growing on your roof. Try to keep branches 10 feet away from your roof to help with these issues. Remember, this can be quite dangerous. Call a pro if needed. Prevention isn’t worth too much if you severely hurt yourself in the making.
Replacing Your Roof
National Average for a new asphalt shingle roof is about 21k, according to Remodel Magazine’s Cost / Value Report. You can expect to recoup 60% at resale. Some Grand Strand Properties may have higher end materials which can run you up to 40k. So take care of that roof and look for the early signs and save yourself some money!
Looking for a place at the beach? Visit Here for all your Real Estate needs here on the Grand Strand!
Free Concert Series
May is just around the corner and that brings us to Mayfest here on the Grand Strand! To kick it all off we have the FREE Music Concert Series starting May 5th in North Myrtle Beach on Main Street. Wanna get out of that Oceanfront Condo and mix it up with the locals? This is your chance to get out there and experience some good fun and enjoy the beach lifestyle at its fullest!
This years concert series can be enjoyed every FIRST THURSDAY of every month thru the month of September. These events run from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Here is The Music on Main concert schedule
- May 5th – Project 7ven
- May 6th – The Mighty Tams
- June 2nd Caribbean Chillers Jimmy Buffet Tribute Band
- July 7th Super Glide
- August 4th Jim Quick & Coastline Blues/Beach Music
- September 1st Too Much Sylvia
In addition to the free Concert Series, Sounds of Summer Returns to McLean Park which will be held each THIRD FRIDAY of each month.
Sounds of Summer Schedule
- May 20th Will Jackson Band – Classic Rock
- June 17th Back Beat Beatles
- July 15th Atlantic Grove Beach Music
- August 19th Andrew Thielen Big Band
- September 1st Fantastic Shakers Beach Music
Visit McLean Park for more info
Interested in Real Estate here on the Grand Strand? Make the beach your home destination or 2nd home. With this buyers market at hand, be sure to take advantage of whats available. Either it be North Myrtle Beach Real Estate, Cherry Grove Real Estate or other Grand Strand Properties. Enjoy events like the Sounds of Summer and Mayfest year-long here on the Grand Strand!
Visit HERE today and make your dream a reality!
Looking to get out of that Oceanfront Condo when that sun sets here on the Grand Strand in Myrtle Beach? Broadway at the Beach just might be the answer you’re looking for.
The sixth annual Beach Film Festival runs thru, April,19th through this Saturday.
Tickets can be purchased by contacting Dalton Pictures at 843-497-0220 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
This event will be held at the Carmike Cinemas at Broadway at the Beach. Take some time out of your Easter week and enjoy what this truly independent film festival has to offer!
For more information you can visit the festivals website HERE
More helpful area links for Broadway at the Beach
Broadway at the Beach
Hours of operation for Broadway at the Beach
(April-1st May-27th) 10a.m to 9p.m daily
Enjoying your stay? Make the Grand Strand your next home or place for your second home or Real Estate investment. With this current buyers market, Cherry Grove Real Estate as well as North Myrtle Beach Real Estate have the opportunities to put your dreams into reality.
Visit my website for more Real Estate news and sales opportunities today!